Wednesday, September 7, 2011

LOving my Firsties!

OMGoodness! I have been MIA for over two weeks now! Its been a busy few weeks of school, and I’ve been absolutely exhausted. The first day of school was SO stressful. My baby boy Landon had a fever the night before school started, so I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep. Plus, I spent most of the morning trying to figure out who would keep him since I couldn’t take him to daycare. Talk about crazy!

The first day at school went great though. I have an awesome class this year. They are so sweet and lots of fun! We had a great time making Jitter Juice from the Fun with Firsties packet by Abby! This was such a fun activity and my kiddos loved drinking their jitters away!

We also had fun using the  Marshmallow Toes activity by Kelli from Castles and Crayons. Such a cute poem, and a great way to practice walking in the hallway!

I have to say that the rest of the day is kind of a blur. We discussed rules and procedures and we practiced, practiced, practiced!

I also wanted to share this idea for keeping track of your reading observations. A co-worker of mine had bought one of those spirals with index cards to keep track of running records and observations. Such a great idea, so I tweeked it a bit to fit my needs! I don’t have a lot of time to run to the store, so I took some index cards, punched some holes, tabbed them with my kiddos names, and put them on a ring. Works just as well, but it’s a lot cheaper! Plus, when you use a ring, you can always add cards as needed. 

photo

Just a simple, cheap idea if you’re needing something quick. It’s worked really well too! Oh, and I put a colored index card at the front of each student’s file, and then put regular white ones behind it. It just made it a little more separated.

Well, I’m off for now! Time to get ready for tomorrow!


Signature

No comments: