Music always makes everything fun! It’s a great way to get your kiddos up and moving, and a fun way for them to remember things! I like to use music to teach skills, build our community, transition between activities, and sometimes just to be silly and have fun! At the beginning of each day, during Calendar time, I use Jack Hartmann’s Movin to Math.
This cd is so much fun! Not only does it get your kiddos moving and exercising, but they learn many different number skills while their doing it! All of the tracks are great, but I’ll list off a few of my favorites.
3. Let’s Get Fit (counting to 100 by 1’s) (Your kiddos will be exercising as they count by 1’s, so much fun!)
6. Dancin’ 2’s (This song has your class doing some dance moves while they count by 2’s)
7. Exercise and Count by 5’s ( Great exercise song for counting by 5’s)
21. Mr. Alligator Can Chomp* (This song teaches greater and less than. What’s awesome about this song is that the music pauses so that you can go over new numbers every day! My kiddos always have the easiest time learning the concept with this song!)
22. Hip-Hop Around the Clock* (I love this song b/c I can show different times on my large Judy clock, and they can figure each time out using this song!)
These are just a few of the wonderful songs on this cd. My kiddos love singing every track, and Jack Hartmann has many more cds that you should check out!
There was a time when I didn’t use music during my calendar time, and I don’t know how I survived now! The kids are so much more engaged, and we have a lot more fun too!
If you have any music that you use to teach, I would love to hear about it!