Wednesday, March 28, 2012

-r controlled vowels and Inferencing fun!

Yay it’s Wednesday! Can’t wait for the weekend! We moved into a new house over Spring Break and we our having a crawfish boil to celebrate this weekend… I can’t wait! Crawfish are the best!

Last week, I went over –r contolled vowels with my kiddos.  We used the r- controlled vowel packet from Abby over at the Inspired Apple. These activities were wonderful for word work. We also made Abby’s –ar Pirates and had fun with all of her activities in her Pirate Mark packet.

WordWorkRcontrol_TpT[4] DSC04342

These pirates were just too cute for words!!

ar pirates ar pirateex

ar pirate2

We also had an –ar treasure hunt! Everything is included in her packet. I had my firsties searching all over the school for all of the –ar words. (Please ignore my ugly wall!!)

Treasure map

I don’t own a treasure chest, and it wasn’t pay day yet, so I made a little treasure chest out of a card board box and some butcher paper! It worked just as well. My kiddos knew exactly what it was! Once they found all of the words, my kiddos got to open the treasure chest, and discovered their candy bAR treasure. They LOVED it!!!

treasure chest

We also have been working on inferencing! We had fun inferencing with No David! and using some other finds off of pinterest.

First I copied Cara Carroll’s little inferencing anchor chart. Thank you Cara! You always know how to make the cutest charts!

 inference poster

We also completed her No David inferencing sheets. First graders LOVE No David, especially the page where he’s running naked! I’m pretty sure that that’s the page that most of my kiddos decided to make inferences on.

no david nodavid

We really had fun with this activity!


Signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everything looks so cute!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies